Thursday, November 5, 2009

My Grandmommie

At almost 97 years old, my Dad's mother is my last living grandparent. (Her birthday is in January). She has given us several scares with her health over the past 10 years, and we have thought several times that we would lose her, but she keeps on rallying. We are so grateful for her energizer bunny constitution! Granmommie was so alert and so happy to see us. Her eyes were so bright. My sister, Suzy, and I have been trying to coordinate a trip to see her for months. Finally the stars all aligned and we were able to meet in at Granmommie's care center in Orange.
My Aunt Sharon has taken such good care of Granmommie all these years. It is a shame the planning and timing always seem to get in the way of our visits and make them much farther apart than we would like.

It was especially fun to share the news with her of Dad's mayoral victory in Parowan the day before. (He beat his opponent with 67% of the vote)She was so tickled and she said, "I knew he could do it!" Then she said "The Mormon's are taking over!" (My Dad is the only member in his family). It was hilarious. The weather was perfect so we sat outside on the patio and had a lovely visit!

1 comment:

MarkandBec said...

I'm so glad you were able to hang out together, especially at Disneyland. Grandmommie looks great! What a fun day...so glad you posted those pictures =)