Friday, August 22, 2014

Grandbaby #11

Scarlett Ocean Rogers
6 lbs 4 oz, 19 3/4" long
Thursday, 21 August 2014, 8:04 a.m.
 It's been so long since I've posted that I forgot to hit the SAVE button and darn if I didn't lose the entire post.  So here is take two:

On Thursday morning I was on the computer in the library and Craig started hollering at me from  another room.  Which he never does.  Rebecca had send a text with news that Renee was in labor!  I never leave my phone in the bedroom overnight.  Usually, if I remember, it is plugged in to charge in the kitchen. So I missed Nick's 5:39 a.m. text that said Renee was dilated to 8... Renee was having mild contractions Wednesday night, so she called Rebecca about 9:30 p.m. to put her on standby.  At 3:30 they dropped off Skye and went to the hospital where Scarlett arrived at 8:04 a.m. Renee had a nice labor and Scarlett i just perfect!

I spent Tuesday and Wednesday in Las Vegas with my BFF Ruthie.  Ruth's Mom has lived with her for 10 years and her health and dementia are getting worse.  Ruth is so grateful for Hospice who come in every day to bathe her Mom and help with other things.  They are truly angels from heaven.  It was fun to spend time with Ruth and give her a little bit of distraction.

I arrived home Wednesday evening and was a lazy bones all evening.  I have kept in close touch with Renee since her due date was  August 30 and Skye came three weeks early.  She was dilated to 1cm at her Dr. appt on Monday,  but felt like she would make it through the weekend.  Once we got the news I went into overdrive throwing my things together so I could hit the road.  I took "chicken with it's head cut off" to a new level!  I made my first solo road trip to Star, Idaho from Cedar City and I only stopped 3 times.

(Note to self: check the corn dog labels at Maverik.  I thought the corn dog I bought for lunch had a bit of a kick to it.  Which kept getting hotter and hotter.  When I threw the trash out and looked at the wrapper, I found out why.  It was a jalapeno- cheese corn dog!  Who's great idea was that?)

I made it to Star in about 9 hours, just as Nick was arriving home with Skye.  Skye spent the day with Rebecca's family at the water park, so she was nice and tired.  Nick spent the night at home with Skye, and the next morning we were off to the the hospital to meet baby Scarlett.

Skye was darling with her new baby sister and she was so happy to see her Mommy!

 Renee was happy to show us Scarlett's feet and toes
 - all Rogers!
 Such a sweet family!
Nick is outnumbered by all the beautiful girls in his life!

I'm so happy to be here with these sweet granddaughter's.

No comments: