Tuesday, December 27, 2011

CHRISTMAS 2011

 I was so grateful for preschool this year, because it forced me to put up my tree and a few decorations early.

I alway feel a little disloyal putting up a fake tree.  It was nice to see my ornaments after taking a year off last year.  My cute tree topper wouldn't fit.  I love my tree skirt.
It was fun to put up a small tree in the preschool room and decorate with my gingerbread ABC ornament.


I bought this cute gingerbread nativity when we were in Idaho in October.  I got the candy trees on sale at Penney's last year, and the little trees are ornaments from Kohl's.  I love the story of "The Three Trees" so I try to put sets of three trees near each nativity. The snow globe was a gift years ago.  It was fun to have something new this year and it really brightened up the kitchen.



Ruthie surprised me with this beautiful bouquet.
She is the best BFF ever!
On Christmas Eve, there was a knock at the door, and three little boys in pj's greeted us with Merry
Christmas!  They were so excited!  I didn't take a picture, but this is one Melissa took before they came over.
Greg's family tradition is to spend Christmas Eve with his Dad's side of the family and Christmas day with his Mom.  We also celebrate on Christmas Day, so now we share them part of the day.  We got to watch them open their presents from Santa on Christmas morning, then later that evening we went back for dinner.
Craig's favorite gift - Barnes and Noble gift cards so he can order more e-books for his Nook. 
The boys decorated this cute ornament for us.
Even though we have become traveling grandparents, I think it will be awhile before we stop missing having our family together for the holidays.  We were able to skype and phone the other kids in Utah, Idaho and Louisiana.  Next year we will be in Idaho for Christmas and Paige's baptism.


No comments: