Sunday, March 10, 2013

Our Baby is a Daddy

Lincoln Huck Rogers
8 lbs 3 oz, 20 1/2" long
Monday, 4 March 2013
I got a call about 5:30 on Monday morning, 4 March that when Krista woke up that morning, she was feeling a little pain, stood up and her water broke.  Her contractions were 2-3 minutes apart so they were off to the hospital, 3 days early. As I type this I am so sad that all my texts from that day were deleted with my old phone.  I honestly planned to transcribe them because they were so cute and funny. Hopefully Josh still has his.
 
They gave her pitocin to speed up her contractions and they were too fast, so they took her off the pitocin, and she went the rest of the way on her own.  After about 11:30, there were no updates and I started feeling a bit anxous.  Not wanting to intrude but needing to know what was happening, I texted Krista's mom for an update, and she immediately texted back saying " she is pushing and the nurse can see hair and it's not red!"  This baby had every option for hair color with lots of redheads and every other hair color in Krista's family.  We all started out different shades of blonde, and Craig has lots of pretty brunette's on his side. It is always fun to see how genetics work!

It was so wonderful to finally get the news that all was well.  Lincoln was born about 2:30. The first picture Josh sent was very dark, but the one above was just right.  It was love at first sight.  Or maybe I should say second sight because I have seen this face before!  Little Lincoln is the spitting image of his father.  Krista and Josh both have a dimple in their chin.  It was the first thing she said when they met.  Craig, all 5 kids, my mom and her dad, my Grampa Buff all have "THE DIMPLE" so we were excited Lincoln is carrying on that family tradition.  He also has the Rogers trademark of  big feet and long toes. 
The next day Josh sent this sweet picture.
Krista sent this when they came home from the hospital.  Josh was able to have Monday and Tuesday off, which they were very grateful for.  On Wednesday he had to get back to class.  Krista's Mom arrived from Kentucky last week, and we're so glad that she felt prompted to change her ticket and come a week early.  Lincoln was 3 days early and he is the first Huckvale grandchild and the tenth Rogers grandchild. He evens the score to 5 girls and 5 boys. 
3 days old - Krista texted me this picture " He looks sooo much like Josh!"
Here they are side by side.  This is Josh at the same age.  Krista did this split screen with pictures we had given her of when Josh was a baby.
5 days old
 
On Sunday, 10 March, Josh posted this one on  Facebook, "Starting him young"
and a comment from  Krista, "This was right before he palmed the ball. . ."
 

We talked to Josh today and he said Lincoln is a good baby, eating and sleeping well.  Today they texted several pictures and a sweet little video.  I am so grateful for the modern technology of smart phones and skype.  It truly is the next best thing and helps so much.

6 days old

 I am counting the days until my turn to go to Monterey and meet Lincoln in real life.  I will fly out on Tuesday, March 19  and stay for 5 days.  My preschool parents were very supportive of my having to juggle our schedule.

P.S. I'm still waiting for pictures of Krista and Josh with the baby.  More to come! 

No comments: