Sunday, February 13, 2011

OH IDAHO !

I was able to spend January 31- February 9 in Idaho with Nick, Renee and Skye.  By the time I arrived, due to the delay in the house closing and Skye's arrival almost 3 weeks early, Skye was already 2 1/2 weeks old. Since she was such a tiny baby weighing 5 lbs 10 oz at birth, she still seemed brand new to me. 
Skye is such a sweet, mellow baby, and Renee is a natural!  She is such a good little Mom and it was such a joy for me to watch her and Nick with their baby girl.  One day after her bath I noticed the light was perfect in my room for a few pictures.  I hurried and turned the quilt over so there would be a plain background for pictures, but I couldn't find her other sock - I love this one with Skye & Renee.

It is so much fun to have a baby girl with so much hair.(She even has Dylan and Austin beat). I couldn't wait to play with her bows.
It was like a dream vacation for me--- sleeping in a nice cozy bed, snuggling with a new baby for hours and hours every day, and hanging out with 2 of my darling children and their families. I tried to get up early so Renee could get a 2-3 hour nap each morning.  Skye was still figuring out her days and nights.  It was really fun staying with Nick and Renee all week.
After a crazy month of moving, it was such a treat to spend 9 days away from all those pesky boxes waiting to be unpacked. 
Skye loved her baths once she got in the warm tub.  She has a little birthmark just above her belly button, that will go away. 
For excitement one night, there was a knock on the door and they had been heart attacked by Renee's young women.  They left a thoughtful gift of a box of baby wipes and a big bag of refills.  This is just a picture of part of the door, but the next morning there were hearts on the windows and garage door.  It was such a sweet surprise for Nick & Renee.
Nick and Renee had lots of support from their ward. Several friends stopped by with gifts and to visit, and they also had some delicious meals.  It was nice for me to see them so well cared for.   
 One late night Skye was bright eyed and look so pretty in pink.  She is such a good mix of Nick and Renee.  She definitely has Nick's dimpled chin, mouth and cheeks!  Her eyes are dark blue, so it's hard to tell yet if they will turn brown like Renee's or blue like Nick's. 
The morning I left, the light was just right once again.  This time I had the darling quilt Aunt Melissa made on hand for the background.  I love her sweet little nightgown. It's one of the first things I bought for her when I knew she was a girl.  I love a newborn in a nightgown!
Look at those CHEEKS! 
As I write this, Skye is 1 month old, and weighed in at 7lbs, 3 oz. It will be fun to see them in 6 weeks, when they will be home to bless Skye on March 27!  That will be a great incentive to motivate me to finish unpacking and get the pictures hung!

No comments: