Tuesday, May 5, 2009

They're Really in Idaho. . .


After lots of planning and waiting and more waiting, Mark, Rebecca and girls are now official residents of Star, Idaho. Craig and Mark drove the U-haul up last Friday and Saturday. They unloaded Saturday and were able to get some unpacking done before they flew home Sunday night. Then, Monday morning, Mark, his mom and the 2 girls made the long drive. They had a fun pit stop at Grama & Grampa Great's in Parowan, and then kept heading north until they arrived at 3 a.m. All went well,and the girls were better than expected travelers, but I am certain there will be some stories to be told.

Yesterday we played dress up with Reese and put her in this adorable outfit my sister, Dana sent. ( Reese does enjoy going cross-eyed, it's not just the bow). Rebecca had a flight out of Ontario this morning at 10:30 a.m. for she and 2 week old Reese.

F.Y.I. when you travel with a newborn under 14 days old (Reese was 13 days old) you have to show a Dr's authorization for the baby to fly, mostly due to the impact of the take off and landing on the ears.
This was all news to Rebecca. Fortuantely, she called Craig and he was able to turn around and stay with her until she was squared away. She miraculously had her pediatrician's business card in her wallet and he responded immediately to her call and was able to fax the authorization to the airline. Is it just me or should that be a huge red-flag when you book a ticket with an infant? She was able to catch the Noon flight and after a long layover, she and Reese arrived safe and sound at about 6 p.m. Rebecca just called and said Reese was an angel traveling all day. She sounded tired so I'm hoping that entire household gets some extra rest tonight!

Yesterday I was sad and weepy all day long. This morning I woke up feeling perky so I was sure it was my strength and maturity. NOT! When I put away the dishes I lost it when I came to the sippy cups. Then again tonight when I saw the string cheese in the frig it hit me again. I feel as awful as I did when Rebecca went away to school and all 3 of the boys left for their missions rolled into one big ache!

Craig and Josh have been so kind and patient. I was so grateful they made the airport run. There is no way I could have handled that one. It was bad enough holding Reese one last time and then buckling her into her car seat and saying good bye to Rebecca. When I lost it yet again after Rebecca called, I told Craig,"I'M JUST NOT BRAVE OF MY KIDS MOVING FAR AWAY". Only the Laker's losing ( thank you Houston Rockets) and Kobe getting only 2 first place votes for MVP gave me a glimmer of hope!

5 comments:

melissa gargalis said...

LOVE that outfit from Aunt Dana. Too cute!-or maybe it's just the super cute cross-eyed baby in the clothes?...

Kim said...

Oh my! What a heart ache. I LOVE being closer to our kids currently. Our Idaho kids are only 3 hrs away, so I do get to see them! As that sweet baby - just up and leaving on you! It was exciting she was blesses before the move - but now what excuse do you have to travel up to see them????? We only have 8 more weeks until we get our first little one...I am so excited...I can hardly stand it.
Hang in there...you will someday get your emotions back under control!

Kim said...

I should proof read before I hit publish!!!! Sorry!

Shannon said...

Love the Lakers jab..too funny!! though the Lakers WILL win it!!...I hope!! (: At least it isn't too far away...when we moved to DC my Mom was so mad at me! So Idaho is ok with her!! In 2 months I will be there too!!...it is sad not having my hubby down here! (:

Da Bergs said...

How cute she looks! And, what a fun name! Reese! Love it!

Idaho, huh.... too far away, I hate that!!!