Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thanksgiving in Idaho

 I need to post these fun Thanksgiving pictures before it's next year. Packing up this house is so overwhelming and just no fun at all. It's dreadful.  The worst.  Especially since I get gyped out of Christmas.  It already doesn't even seem like Christmas and now the dopey weather  in the 70's doesn't help.   Sorry, I guess I needed to get that out of my system.  Did I say I hate packing?  It is such an enormous, endless task.  I go from being overwhelmed to depressed to feeling like I'm making progress.   

 Okay - back to Thanksgiving: The Idaho weather was so bad we had to delay our trip a day coming and going.  We ended up driving all the way to Provo the first day, then on Tues we left by 7:30 a.m. to be ahead of the storm.  Which worked until we hit southern Idaho, and the 84 West was brutal with almost zero visiablility, blowing snow and icy roads.  It was a white knuckle drive for a few hours.  I think I was more concerned about Josh and Krista who were close behind in their honda.  I felt safe in the truck, and Craig is a great driver, but the icy roads were awful.  We debated whether or not to get off and wait it out, but we ended up forging ahead and made it through just before the roads closed and arrived in Star a few hours later than planned.  We had such a fun week with our Idaho kids and it was so nice to also have Josh and Krista there from BYU.  On the way home that section of the freeway was closed and we had to take a detour up  through Pocatello.

So here are the pictures everyone has been waiting for:
 Renee, who is finally looking pregnant at the 7 month mark
Right profile. . .
. . .  Left profile
The happy parents to be.  Miss Skye Rogers is due to arrive the end of January.  Craig keeps telling Nick to get lots of sleep!

The girls have grown up since I was there in August.
 Paige will be 6 in a few weeks.  She wanted me to take a picture of her with her princess barbie collection as she posed differently with each doll.  I'll just post one, although I have to say they are all adorable.  Here she is with her new Rapunzel.  Rebecca and I took all three girls to see the new movie" Tangled" the day before Thanksgiving, and they all loved it.  Reese was even good. Later that night Craig and I went to see the new Harry Potter movie with Nick, Renee, Josh and Krista. 
Of course, the darling Clairey Beary wanted to pose for a picture, too.  She has changed almost as much as Reese. She is getting so grown up and so smart. She knows tons of letters and is speaking so clearly now.  She loves to do whatever Paige does.  I have never seen children sit and color for so long and so well.  They both inherited their parents artistic genes. 
Reese is 19 months old already.  She is a baby doll lover and always wants you to help her wrap up her doll in a blanket.  It is her favorite thing to do.  Well, maybe her 2nd favorite because Rebecca is her very favorite.  Saying Reese is a mama's girl is the understatement of the year.  We all spent the week trying to win her over.
Reese's 3rd favorite thing to so is have stories read to her.  Aunt Krista was the first person to win her over!
Josh giving Mark moral support while he mashes the potatoes.
 Sadly, this is the only group picture I took.  I was not a very responsible photographer this trip. 
 It was so fun to be with Nick and Renee. We spent Saturday with them and went out to lunch, shopping for baby quilt fabric (they have some killer quilt shops) and watched a movie and hung out at their house. 
Our newlyweds have made it to 6 months already!  Krista is so excited about graduating in April.  We met for lunch after we survived the drive in the blizzard on our way up

. Grampa finally won Reese over the day before we left!
On Saturday they put up their Christmas Tree.  Paige wanted to point out the ornament she made last year in Preschool. It was fun to see Rebecca's childhood ornaments that were passed on to her when she got married.
Paige calls their little nativity  set "The Little Lord 'Tivity".  So that's what Clarie calls it. They had so much fun playing with it.  Thank you Fisher-Price



No comments: