Friday, January 14, 2011

The Big Move Week - Day 4

As Craig and I were driving a full truckload out to the new house, bright and early to meet the verizon guy between "8-12", I got a text at 7:15 a.m. from Nick saying::

"WE HAVE BEEN IN THE HOSPITAL SINCE 3AM.  THEY JUST BROKE HER WATER. SHE'S LIKE A 4 1/2 CM RIGHT NOW"
It was such a big surprise it took my breath away and then I just started bawling and couldn't stop for about 15 minutes.  Renee wasn't due until Jan 31 so she was almost 3 weeks early! I was so weepy and sidetracked all day long.  And Craig was so dear, and so patient - even more than usual! 

This is the first time I' haven't been nearby to meet a new grandchild and share that special time with my own child.  It just tugged at my heart all day.  Once Rebecca called and told me she was going down to the hospital my heart was lightened and I felt so happy.  She was able to spend the day with them and kept us updated with phone calls and texts. At 12:49 she sent the text "WE HAVE A BABY!"

Skye Huntington Rogers
5 lb. 10 oz.
18 1/2" long
Tons of dark hair
Mom, Dad and Baby Skye are all doing very well!



No comments: