Thursday, July 14, 2011

My Happy Birthday aka "Cinco-Cinco"

I had a fun birthday this year!  I can't believe I'm 55 - or "Cinco-Cinco" as Craig says.  I love my 50's!  Just wish I was in better shape, but I'm working on that, so "Fabulous at Fifty Six" will be an understatement next year.  Poor Craig had a terrible virus all week long.  Fortunately for both of us, my BFF Ruthie had planned to visit for the week from Las Vegas.  We took her out to dinner for our 36th anniversary  on the 12th, and after that Craig was out of the picture for the rest of the week.  Once we had him squared away for the day, we took off so he could rest and we could play. 

We spent our first day at the movies, and in between we had lunch across the street at Miguel's.  It was a lovely, breezy day so we ate on the patio.  We saw WATER FOR ELEPHANTS - hated it-  an over rated disappointment that morning, and after lunch we saw MONTE CARLO with Selena Gomez.  A cute, fun, feel good movie!  I hadn't heard about it before I saw the trailer.  It was adorable and I highly recommend it!

The next day I began  my birthday by taking Ruth over to the neighbor's for a visit.  Look at those 3 adorable boy!.  Ruth promised Melissa she wasn't blinking when she checked the camera, but apparently she was not wearing her glasses or this could be a framer with all 3 boys smiling AND looking at the camera.
I love the interchangeable beaded watchbands from Bead It!.  I first discovered them when Melissa had a party in the fall and I just went to be supportive.  I went with her to a friend's party a few weeks later and I've ordered several online.  I can't get enough of them and was excited to get invited to an Open House here in Lake Elsinore.   [I'm having a party on Sept 7th if you're interested]
Karen Blackmer and her sister, Misty started this fun home party business.  Look at all those glorious beads!  You select the colors and style you want, pick a watch face, and they teach you how to bead a watch band.  It was the perfect activity!  I knew Ruth would love them too. 
She made several and helped me make one.  I could have stayed there and beaded all day.
 We went to Red Robin in Menifee for lunch and then we went home and rested up and read for awhile.
One of our favorite things to do is just hang out, lay on the beds and read.  Such fun.

Later we watched SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE, DANCE, DANCE so I had a truly lovely day. 
All the kids sent wonderful cards and that day I got to talk to and/or Skype with most of the kids and grandkids, and best of all, I got an email from my boy in Afghanistan. 

Thursday we did a little shopping and went to see another movie, LARRY CROWNE with Tom Hanks. 
 A cute, feel good movie.  So we were 2 out of 3 on the movie picks.  It was such a treat to spend 3 whole days with Ruth!  Craig slept through most of her visit, and he felt bad to miss out on all the fun. 

Thank you, Dwight for sharing Ruthie with me for 3 whole days!  And a special thank you to Josh and Charlie for letting Grandma stay with you. Love you all to pieces!

No comments: